▲ (left)New Festival Director Lee Joondong (right) KIM Seung-su Chairman of Organizing Committee
• Newly appointed Festival Director LEE Joondong expresses his ambition upon appointment, “We will continue our efforts”
Jeonju International Film Festival Organizing Committee (Chairman: KIM Seung-su, hereinafter Jeonju IFF Organizing Committee) commissioned a new Festival Director. On December 10th, film producer LEE Joondong was selected as the new Festival Director through a decision made by the Jeonju IFF Organizing Committee members, and on the 11th morning, he was appointed by the committee chairman, KIM Seung-su. Newly appointed Festival Director LEE Joondong will be leading the Jeonju International Film Festival for 3 years, starting with the 21st festival.
Festival Director LEE Joondong was born in 1957, and has produced director LEE Chang-dong’s Burning, Poetry, and Oasis, Lee Jong-urn’s Birthday, Gina KIM’s Never Forever, Ounie LECOMTE’s A Brand New Life, and July JUNG’s A Girl at My Door among many other independent films. He’s currently the CEO of NOWFILM Co., Ltd and PINEHOUSE FILM Co., Ltd, while he also formerly served as the vice-chairman of Korean Film Producers Association and Korean Film Council. He has been working at the forefront and making significant accomplishments in the Korean film industry.
Festival Director LEE Joondong said, "We will continue our efforts to preserve the unique identity of Jeonju International Film Festival” while expressing his ambition.
Along with the appointment of the new Festival Director, the 21st Jeonju International Film Festival will be held for 10 days from April 30th to May 9th, 2020.
• LEE Joondong / Born in 1957
• CEO of NOWFILM Co., Ltd and PINEHOUSE FILM Co., Ltd
• Formerly vice-chairman of Korean Film Council
• Formerly vice-chairman of Korean Film Producers Association
• Line producer of To the Starry Island
• Produced Birthday, Burning, A Girl at My Door, Hwayi: A Monster Boy, The Cat, Poetry, A Brand New Life, Thirsty, Thirsty, Never Forever, My Mother, The Mermaid, Oasis, and more
(54999) 2F, Jeonju Cine Complex, 22, Jeonjugaeksa 3-gil, Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea
T. (063)288-5433 F. (063)288-5411
(04031) 16, Yanghwa-ro 15-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
T. (02)2285-0562 F. (02)2285-0560
(54999)22, Jeonjugaeksa 3-gil, Wansan-gu, Jeonju-si, Jeollabuk-do, Republic of Korea